Originally called Warfield Grove, this house, no doubt, replaced the old manor house of Heathley Hall, whose moat still stands just across the Malt Hill Road surrounding the 'Moat House' behind Hayley Green Farm. A fine Georgian House of red-brick construction, in Flemish bond and painted in part, it was probably built for Admiral Sir George Bowyer. He sold it, around 1800, to Sir John Coxe Hippisley, an active 18th century supporter of Catholic emancipation whose wife's previous husband was a descendant of the Hippisleys of Lambourn Place. He sold the Grove to the Earl of Mountnorris in the early 19th century. Later it passed to Lansdowne Beale and then Sir George Pigot in 1906. At one time it was a school for young gentlemen.
Warfield House is
a private residence. It was last offered for sale by FPD Savills in August
|© Nash Ford Publishing 2004. All Rights Reserved.|