Barcote Park was built for Lady Theodora Guest, a daughter of the Duke of Westminster, in 1876. It was used as a hunting lodge and was then sold to William West in 1881; and the West family lived in the house for 70 years. William West was a director of the Great Western Railway and named one of the "Manor class" locomotives after the house, Barcote Manor. The house was subsequently sold to the Mercantile Bank of India and later became the Barcote School of Coaching, an international boarding school. More recently the main manor house was converted into four houses.
Barcote Park is a
One of its constituent parts was last offered for sale by FPD Savills in
|© Nash Ford Publishing 2002. All Rights Reserved.|